Saturday, July 30, 2011

Brian Ebersole?s UFC 133 Blog Part 2



Brian Ebersole (top) hopes to soar at UFC 133. | Photo: Jeff Sherwood



Decorated welterweight Brian Ebersole (www.brianebersole.com) will blog his experiences leading up to his UFC 133 clash with Dennis Hallman for Sherdog.com readers.

You know what? I really didn't give Hollywood, Calif., much of a chance, but I warmed up to it over the course of this last week.

Before arriving there, and coupled with my experiences in northern California, I assumed that Hollywood would be anything and everything but "normal." But I was well-surprised, as the neighborhoods were similar to what I'd see in Illinois' nicer suburbs. I thought that Hollywood would have busy streets, busy sidewalks, and really busy people, but to my surprise, it seemed like a pretty relaxed place and folks seemed a bit more down to earth, rather than the pretentious attitude that I expected.

Upon arrival, I headed to an apartment just off of Sunset Boulevard. Part of the reason I decided to take a few days in L.A. was the fact that I had two former teammates living in the area. I stayed with fellow MMA fighter, Andrew Montanez, who had lived with me for a short time in San Jose, where we'd trained at Frank Shamrock's academy.

during the bout

No comments:

Post a Comment